Vorbehalte und Erklärungen für Vertrag Nr.181 - Zusatzprotokoll zum Übereinkommen zum Schutz des Menschen bei der automatischen Verarbeitung personenbezogener Daten bezüglich Kontrollstellen und grenzüberschreitendem Datenverkehr
Art der Erklärung : Territorialer Anwendungsbereich
NiederlandeDeclaration contained in the instrument of acceptance deposited on 8 September 2004 - Or. Engl.
The Kingdom of the Netherlands accepts the Protocol for the Kingdom in Europe.
In Kraft: 01/01/2005 -
Artikel betroffen : -
Communication contained in a Note verbale from the Permanent Representation of the Netherlands, dated 27 September 2010, registered at the Secretariat General on 28 September 2010 – Or. Engl.
The Kingdom of the Netherlands currently consists of three parts : the Netherlands, the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. The Netherlands Antilles consists of the islands of Curaçao, Sint Maarten, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba.
With effect from 10 October 2010, the Netherlands Antilles will cease to exist as a part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. From that date onwards, the Kingdom will consist of four parts: the Netherlands, Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten. Curaçao and Sint Maarten will enjoy internal self-government within the Kingdom, as Aruba and, up to 10 October 2010, the Netherlands Antilles do.
These changes constitute a modification of the internal constitutional relations within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The Kingdom of the Netherlands will accordingly remain the subject of international law with which agreements are concluded. The modification of the structure of the Kingdom will therefore not affect the validity of the international agreements ratified by the Kingdom for the Netherlands Antilles: these agreements, including any reservations made, will continue to apply to Curaçao and Sint Maarten.
The other islands that have until now formed part of the Netherlands Antilles – Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba – will become parts of the Netherlands, thus constituting "the Caribbean part of the Netherlands". The agreements that now apply to the Netherlands Antilles will also continue to apply to these islands; however, the Government of the Netherlands will now be responsible for implementing these agreements.
In addition, a number of the agreements that currently apply to the Netherlands are hereby declared applicable, from 10 October 2010, to this Caribbean part of the Netherlands. The agreements concerned are listed in the Annex which also includes a declaration – regarding Protocol No. 4 to the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms securing certain rights and freedoms other than those already included in the Convention and in the first Protocol thereto – on the modification of the internal constitutional relations within the Kingdom.
A status report of the agreements that apply to Curaçao, Sint Maarten and/or the Caribbean part of the Netherlands, including any reservations and further declarations, will be supplied in the near future.
Annex – Treaties extended to the Caribbean part of the Netherlands (islands of Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba) as per 10 October 2010
- European Convention on State Immunity (ETS No. 74)
- Additional Protocol to the European Convention on State Immunity (ETS No. 74A)
- European Convention on the Non-Applicability of Statutory Limitation to Crimes against Humanity and War Crimes (ETS No. 82)
- European Convention on the Suppression of Terrorism (ETS No. 90)
- European Agreement on the Transmission of Applications for Legal Aid (ETS No. 92)
- Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data (ETS No. 108)
- Amendments to the Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data allowing the European Communities to accede (Strasbourg, 15 June 1999)
- Convention for the Protection of the Architectural Heritage of Europe (ETS No. 121)
- Criminal Law Convention on Corruption (ETS No. 173)
- Additional Protocol to the Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data, regarding supervisory authorities and transborder data flows (ETS No. 181)
- Protocol amending the European Convention on the Suppression of Terrorism (ETS No. 190)
- Additional Protocol to the Criminal Law Convention on Corruption (ETS No. 191)
- Council of Europe Convention on Laundering, Search, Seizure and Confiscation of the Proceeds from Crime and on the Financing of Terrorism (CETS No. 198).
In Kraft: 01/10/2010 -
Artikel betroffen : -