CONSULTATIVE COUNCIL OF EUROPEAN PROSECUTORS
8th plenary meeting , 8-9 October 2013
DRAFT ANNOTATED AGENDA
1. Opening of the meeting
- Mr Gevorg KOSTANYAN, Prosecutor General of Armenia
- Mr Philippe BOILLAT, Director General of Human Rights and Rule of Law of the Council of Europe
2. Adoption of the agenda
3. Information given by the President, Bureau members and the Secretariat
4. Discussion of the CCPE draft Opinion No.8 on relations between prosecutors and media
The delegations are invited to examine the draft text and send their comments, if any, to the Secretariat before 27 September 2013.
Draft Opinion No.8
Compilation of replies to the questionnaire listed question by question
Compilation of replies to the questionnaire listed by country
Summary of the replies to the questionnaire
5. Examination of the CCPE’s draft Terms of Reference for 2014 and 2015
The Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe is expected to adopt in November 2013 the Terms of Reference for all committees, including those of the CCPE.
The CCPE is invited to make proposals concerning the themes of 2014 and 2015 Opinions.
Draft Terms of Reference of the CCPE for 2014 and 2015
6. Election of the President and Vice-President
According to Resolution Res(2011)24, the CCPE shall proceed with the election of its President and Vice-President.
Mr Antonio MURA (Italy) and Ms Raija TOIVIAINEN (Finland) were elected respectively President and Vice-President of the CCPE for 2013. Their respective terms of office can be renewed for 2014.
Any member wishing to put forward his/her candidature, must inform the Secretariat about it before 8 October, 12.00, in writing.
7. Election of one member of the Bureau
According to Resolution Res(2011)24, the CCPE shall proceed with the partial election of its Bureau.
Ms Alessandra GIRALDI (Denmark) was elected member of the Bureau for 2013 and 2014. Mr Cédric VISART DE BOCARME (Belgium) was elected member of the Bureau for 2012 and 2013. His terms of office can be renewed for 2014-2015.
Any member wishing to put forward his/her candidature must inform the Secretariat about it before 8 October, 12.00, in writing.
8. Nomination of the members of the CCPE-GT for 2014
According to Resolution Res(2011)24 (“Where necessary, in order to expedite the progress of their work, committees may entrust a rapporteur or a limited number of committee members with a specific task to be fulfilled by their next meeting, using primarily information technologies”), the CCPE can decide to set up a Working Group which will be entrusted with the preparation, before its 9th plenary meeting, of the draft Opinion for 2014. The members of the Bureau of the CCPE will also attend the CCPE-GT meetings.
The CCPE should entrust its Bureau with the designation of the Working Group members on the basis of the list of candidates which will be prepared by the Secretariat.
Any member of the CCPE wishing to become member of the 2014 Working Group must inform the Secretariat in writing during the plenary meeting.
9. Relations between the CCPE and other bodies inside and outside the Council of Europe
- Possible improvement of the Recommendation CM/Rec(2000)19 of the Committee of Ministers to member States on the role of public prosecution in the criminal justice system
Recommendation CM/Rec(2000)19 of the Committee of Ministers to member States
on the role of public prosecution in the criminal justice system
- Participation of the CCPE in the Enlarged Partial Agreement on Sport (EPAS)
- Participation of the CCPE in various European and international events concerning prosecutors
The delegations are invited to enumerate the events (since November 2012) where they presented the work of the CCPE.
10. Any other business
11. Next meetings of the CCPE
on committees and subordinate bodies, their terms of reference and working methods
Report of the 7th plenary meeting of the CCPE
Report of the 13th working group meeting of the CCPE
Report of the 19th meeting of the Bureau of the CCPE