Resolution No. 2 on The European charter on regional planning
1. welcoming the various initiatives on the preparation of a European Regional Planning Charter, notably stemming from the Parliamentary Assembly and the Conference of Local and Regional Authorities of Europe,
2. taking the view that future political and technical work in the field of regional planning should be based on a text defining the main regional planning objectives and the means of their implementation,
3. considering that this charter could provide guidelines and a frame of reference for all bodies concerned with regional planning,
4. further considering that the charter could open up new perspectives on the role of regional planning and its potential for preventing problems resulting from economic, social and cultural organisation, and the living environment of citizens,
5. welcome the draft charter submitted to their discussions and request the preparation of a final version for their next session to be held in 1982. It will then be decided whether the adopted text shall be called a charter or declaration.