Activity and project reports
A wide range of training courses is offered to youth leaders, multipliers, young democratic leaders, young researchers, civil servants and trainers in European youth work. These courses aim to develop competence and skills for European youth work. They cover a wide range of subjects, including working in international youth structures, international youth co-operation, youth training, conflict management, human rights education, European citizenship, youth participation and democratic citizenship. The training courses are residential seminars of between five and ten days, or long-term courses comprising two or more residential seminars and a practice period.
All reports for the period 2006-2016
Reports of key larger scale training courses can be found below:
- Citizenship matters: The participation of young women and minorities in Euro-Med youth projects. A training course for youth workers and youth leaders active within Euro-Med youth projects (2005). Training course report by Ingrid Ramberg, 2005.
- Asia-Europe Training Course on Environmental Human Rights. A Present And Future Challenge For Youth Work (2010). Training course report by Elizabeth Kasa Mälkso, 2013.
- Making a difference with minority youth in Europe. Evaluation and impact study of the LTTC Participation and Citizenship on empowerment of minority youth leaders (1997-2001). Written by Vaida Jasiukaityte, 2004.
Study sessions are international youth events lasting between four and eight days which bring together members of youth organisations or networks and experts for discussions on a specific subject leading to conclusions relevant to the priorities and programmes of the Council of Europe's youth sector. They are organised in co-operation with youth organisations and networks and are hosted by one of the European Youth Centres.
All reports for the period 2006-2016
- Young People’s Responses to Homophobic and Transphobic Hate Speech. In co-operation with the Council of Europe Equality Division (SOGI Unit) and the International Gay and Lesbian Youth Organisation (IGLYO), 15–17 May 2014.
- Unfolding youth work - Seminar on the recognition of competences of youth leaders and youth workers: Introducing the European youth work Portfolio – a tool for the assessment and development of youth work competence, 19‐21 November 2014.
- New ways of youth participation based on Information and Communication Technologies. Organised by the Directorate of Youth and Sport of the Council of Europe, 16 – 18 March 2009.
- Raising young refugees' voices in Europe and beyond. A seminar report by Samuel Boutruche, Nadine Lyamouri-Bajja and Stéphanie Bourgeois, 2009.
- Intercultural Learning in European Youth Work: Which Ways Forward? 28-29 November 2007. Seminar report by Ingrid Ramberg, including:
The Role of Intercultural Learning in European Youth Work. Ten theses - Yesterday and Today, by Hendrik Otten;
'Plastic Political and Contingent': Culture and Intercultural Learning in Directorate of Youth and Sport Activities, by Gavan Titley.
- Islamophobia and its consequences on Young People. Seminar report by Ingrid Ramberg
- Youth Peace Camp 2012: Engaging young people and youth organisations from conflict-stricken regions in dialogue and conflict transformation. Final report by Nik Paddison. 22-30 June 2012.
- Youth Peace Camp 2014: Talking about conflict without talking about the conflict. Final report by Nik Paddison. 15-23 June 2014.
Projects and campaigns
- Enter! Access to Social Rights for Young People from Disadvantaged Neighbourhoods (2009-2012). Project report by Ingrid Ramberg, 2013.
- European Youth Campaign for Diversity, Human Rights and Participation 2006 – 2007 – All different – All equal. Report of the Joint Council on Youth, 2009
- Encompassing Human Rights Education with young people. Review of the Human Rights Education Youth Programme 2000–2008. Report by Ingrid Ramberg, 2009. French version
- Living, Learning, Acting for Human Rights - Forum on Human Rights Education with Young People. Consolidating and developing human rights education with and by young people within the Council of Europe’s mission and youth policy framework, 4-18 October 2009. Russian version
- League of Arab States Youth Forum: The Assilah Appeal Addressing Youth Migration through a Human Rights Perspective, 15-19 November 2009.
- Diversity Youth Forum. Report by Alessio Surian, 2008.
- Human Rights Education Forum. Documentation by Adrienne Englert, 7-12 November 2000.
Human Rights Education Forum. General report by Tobias Flessenkemper & Adrienne Englert, 7-12 November 2000.
- European Symposium on Diversity and Participation “Participation in all its forms”: Follow–Up Seminar. 3-5 December 2007, Larochette, Luxembourg.
- The End of the Beginning – All Different-All Equal Youth Campaign closing event 4-7 October 2007, Malmö, Sweden.
- European symposium on diversity and participation: Participation in all its forms. Final report, 25-29 April 2007, Schengen, Luxembourg.
- Symposium on Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue in Youth Work: Istanbul Youth Declaration. 27-31 March 2007, Istanbul, Turkey
- Symposium on Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue in Youth Work. Report by Silvia Volpi. 27-31 March 2007, Istanbul, Turkey
- Symposium on Racism, anti-Semitism, xenophobia and intolerance and their impact on young people in Europe: Committed to Making a Difference. Report by Ingrid Ramberg. 26-30 October 2005, Strasbourg, France.
- Symposium on youth policy responses to everyday violence: Learning from violence. Report by Ingrid Ramberg. 28-30 October 2002, Budapest, Hungary.
- Symposium on non-formal education (part 1 & part 2). Council of Europe, Directorate of Youth and Sport. 13-15 October 2000, Strasbourg, France.
Towards a revitalisation of non-formal learning for a changing Europe. General report by Lynne Chrisholm.
Consultative meetings and hearings
- Addressing challenges to transition to working life and autonomy of young people in Europe, 18 - 19 February 2014
- Inclusion of Young People with Disabilities in the Youth Activities of the Council of Europe, 29-31 May 2012
- Challenges faced by young refugees and asylum seekers in accessing their social rights and their integration while in transition to adulthood, 17-18 November 2011
- Consultative Group on Human Rights Education with young people, 24-25 November 2010
- What future for the work with young refugees, IDPs and asylum seekers?, 2- 4 March 2010
- Implementing Quality and Innovation in the Educational Activities of the Directorate of Youth and Sport, 20-22 February 2003
- Hearing on the specific situation of young migrants. Summary proceedings of a hearing of the Parliamentary Assembly's Sub-committee on Migration, 15-16 November 2001.
- Unaccompanied and separated asylum-seeking and refugee children turning eighteen: what to celebrate?
UNHCR / Council of Europe field research on European State practice regarding transition to adulthood of unaccompanied and separated asylum-seeking and refugee children
March 2014 , Strasbourg, France