School of Political Studies
The Albanian School of Political Studies was established in February 2007. The mission of the School is to foster a modern political culture based on the shared values of pluralism, tolerance and open dialogue, thus encouraging the emergence of a community of young political and civic leaders, dedicated to implement a contemporary democratic model of government.
The schools of political studies, supported by the Council of Europe, aim to train the next generation of political, economic, social and cultural leaders in the countries in transition. The schools organise seminars and conferences on such themes as European integration, democracy, human rights, the rule of law and globalisation in which national and international experts take part.
The first school of political studies was founded in Moscow in 1992. There are currently schools in Russia, Georgia, Bulgaria, Moldova, Kosovo/UNMIK, «the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia», Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Albania, Romania, Armenia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Montenegro, Belarus etc...
Council of Europe Schools of Political Studies are NGOs set up under the legislation of the country in which they are located.
- Strengthening Local Government Structures and Cooperation of Local Elected Representatives in Albania
- School of Political Studies
- Reinforcing Judicial Expertise on Freedom of Expression and the Media in South-East Europe (JUFREX)
- Strengthening the Quality and Efficiency of Justice - SEJ2
- Action against Economic Crime in Albania
- Fighting Bullying and Extremism in the Education System in Albania
- Enhancing the Protection of Human Rights of Prisoners in Albania
- Supporting Effective Domestic Remedies and Facilitating the Execution of ECtHR Judgments (D-REX)
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of the Albanian System of Human Rights Protection and Anti-discrimination