Project on Minorities
"Promoting Human Rights and Minority Protection'' is a regional project for South East Europe. It aims to improve access to rights for minorities at various levels of government based upon Council of Europe standards in this field and in particular on the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities (FCNM) and the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages (ECRML).
The Project is designed to break down barriers for minorities so that they can fully enjoy their rights.
The project builds on the fact that the experiences and challenges felt at the local level, including what limited resources are concerned, may be very similar in the Beneficiaries and that practical measures taken successfully in one municipality to increase cohesion and access to rights may well also be useful to others.
- Strengthening Local Government Structures and Cooperation of Local Elected Representatives in Albania
- School of Political Studies
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of the Albanian System of Human Rights Protection and Anti-discrimination
- Horizontal Facility for Western Balkans and Turkey
- Strengthening the Quality and Efficiency of Justice in Albania (SEJ2)
- Action against Economic Crime
- Fighting Bullying and Extremism in the Education system in Albania
- Enhancing the protection of human rights of prisoners in Albania
- Supporting Effective Domestic Remedies and Facilitating the Execution of ECtHR Judgments (D-REX)
- Preventing and combating discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity in Albania
- Strengthening the protection of national minorities in Albania
- Strengthening the Protection of National Minorities in Albania
- Reinforcing Judicial Expertise on Freedom of Expression and the Media in South-East Europe (JUFREX)