Promoting Freedom of Expression and Information and Freedom of the Media in South-Eastern Europe
The overall objective of the project "Promoting freedom of expression and information and freedom of the media in South-East Europe (SEE)" is to develop legal and institutional guarantees for freedom of expression, higher quality journalism and a pluralistic media landscape in SEE, in line with CoE standards.
The specific project objectives are:
- alignment of the laws, regulations and practice with the Council of Europe standards in the field of freedom of expression;
- strengthening independence and effectiveness of the bodies responsible for broadcasting regulation
- development of professional approach, responsibility and respect of ethical rules among journalists.
This is a regional project covering: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, “the former Yugoslav republic of Macedonia” and Kosovo*. Through its regional activities, the Project aims to address the common problems and challenges of the beneficiary countries and allow exchange of experience, cooperation, networking and synergies in appropriate areas such as journalism education and training, self-regulation and broadcasting regulation, media transparency and ownership.
*“All reference to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.”
- EU/CoE Support to Efficiency of Justice
- Fight Against Discrimination Based of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity
- Promoting Human Rights and Minority Protection in South East Europe
- Promoting Freedom of Expression and Information and Freedom of the Media in South-Eastern Europe
- Regional Support for Inclusive Education
- Reinforcing Local and Regional Government Structures in Albania - Phase I
- Project Against Corruption in Albania
- Excecution of ECHR's decisions
- Support to the Training of Court Administrators in Albania
- Data protection within the framework of the civil registry system of Albania
- Support to the Sustainability of the School of Magistrates
- PROSECO Project: Support to Prosecutor's Network in SEE
- Social support institutions throughout the Western Balkans Region