Ever since a desperate man in Tunisia burned himself to death last December, pro-democracy movements have exploded across the Arab world. The revolutionary wave of demonstrations continues to seize our attention, raising headlines and hopes that democracy can replace dictatorship.
After Secretary General Thorbjørn Jagland visited Tunisia in February and offered the Council of Europe's practical cooperation, efforts are underway – from the Parliamentary Assembly and the Venice Commission, to the Pompidou Group and the North-South Centre.
- Council of Europe steps up cooperation with Morocco
- Supporting judicial reforms in the countries of Southern neighborhood – Cooperation with Tunisia
- Equality after the Arab Spring – women call for change at Parliamentary Assembly
- Tunisia and Morocco in focus
- Syria: Assembly welcomes the emergence of a common position within the international community
- King of Jordan meets with Secretary General
- Calling for women’s rights in Lebanon
- Arab Spring: overcoming violence and upholding women's rights