119th session of the Committee of Ministers
The 119th session of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe in Madrid brought together, in Madrid (Spain), Ministers of Foreign Affairs and representatives of the 47 member states of the organisation.
Guaranteeing the long-term effectiveness of the control system of the European Convention on Human Rights was one of the main items on the agenda.
At the close of the session, which commemorated the Council of Europe's 60th anniversary, Spain transferred the chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers to Slovenia for the next six months.
- Miguel Angel Moratinos, Chairman of the Committee of Ministers (Spanish Chairmanship) [es]
- Terry Davis, Secretary General
- Lluís Maria de Puig, the Parliamentary Assembly President
- Ian Micallef, President a.i. of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities
- H.R.H. the Prince of Asturias [es]
- Patricia Espinosa-Cantellano, Mexican Foreign Minister, on behalf of Council of Europe Observer Countries