Job Family: Management
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the Council of Europe's strategic priorities and policies and of its major objectives.
- Manages the activities and resources of a Directorate or Directorate General.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff.
- Communicates and represents the Council of Europe on matters concerning the Directorate or Directorate General.
- May advise and report to the Secretary General, the Executive Board and, where appropriate, to the Ministers' Deputies and the Parliamentary Assembly.
- Extensive experience in managing human and financial resources at a senior level.
- Profound insight in the fields of activity of own Directorate or Directorate General.
- Manages activities and resources of a Division or Department.
- Manages and coaches staff
- Advises senior management and reports on the results achieved, on further requirements, risks and opportunities of developments or events.
- Communicate and represents the Council of Europe in matters concerning the Division or Department.
- Experience in managing teams and budgets.
- Experience in the areas covered by the Division or Department.