Over almost sixty years, the 47-member Council of Europe has developed a considerable acquis, encompassing not only standards on civil and political rights, social rights, minority rights, treatment of persons deprived of their liberty, the fight against racism and the fight against corruption and money laundering, but also active European monitoring of these standards.
- European Committee for the Prevention of Torture and Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (CPT)
- European Social Charter (ESC)
- Execution of the Judgments of the European Court of Human Rights (CM-EXEC)
- Group of States against Corruption (GRECO)
- Committee of Experts on the Evaluation of Anti-Money Laundering Measures and the Financing of Terrorism (MONEYVAL)