Programmatic Cooperation Framework
“Programmatic Cooperation Framework for Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus “
The CoE/EU Eastern Partnership Programmatic Co-operation Framework (PCF) 2015-2017 under the Theme IV “Addressing Challenges of the Information Society” includes in total eight projects in the fields of media (Azerbaijan, Georgia, Ukraine and regional project), internet governance (Georgia, Republic of Moldova and regional project) and data protection (regional project).
The ongoing projects are:
- Freedom of expression and media freedom (Azerbaijan);
- Promoting freedom, professionalism and pluralism in the media (Georgia);
- Promote professional and responsible journalism by supporting regional networks of self-regulatory bodies (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus);
- Protecting Internet freedom through legislation and arrangements for multi-stakeholder dialogue (Georgia);
- Strengthening the respect for human rights in the implementation of the Republic of Moldova’s Digital Agenda (Republic of Moldova);
- Enhancing respect for the protection of human rights online through capacity building, regional co-operation and participation to global Internet governance policies shaping (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine);
- Developing and strengthening national data protection systems (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus).
The projects are financed by the European Union and the Council of Europe and will be running until December 2017.
"Everyone has the right to freedom of expression"
Art. 10 European Convention on Human Rights