Programme "Human Rights and Democracy in Action"
European Union/Council of Europe joint programme for international cooperation projects
Countries: 50 countries party to the Council of Europe Cultural Convention are eligible to apply.
Objective: To contribute to the sustainable development and promotion of citizenship and human rights education based on Council of Europe and European Union standards and strategies in this field
- Education actors’ efforts to promote citizenship and human rights education, including for marginalized groups, are supported
- Democratic competences are strengthened
- Means for preventing violence, radicalisation and racism in schools are enhanced
- Ways to deal with controversial subjects in classrooms are identified and put into practice
- Peer-to-peer learning among 3-8 interested countries on a topic chosen by the countries
- Publication and dissemination of results
- Awareness-raising activities